Monday, May 18, 2009

I did it!

I have officially become a coupon junkie! I used to only buy my groceries from one store (the cheapest in town) and I never used coupons. I made the same excuses as most people, "They don't have coupons for what I buy," or "I don't have time to clip coupons."

What a mistake. Now, I still consider myself a beginner but last week I printed Target coupons and I printed coupons from coupons.com and I matched them up with the sales. That's the way you get the most out of your money.

At Target, I used my $1 off Ritz TARGET coupon and my $1.00 off Ritz manufacturer coupon and got $2.00 off. Most other bloggers posted that their Ritz were $2.50 but our Target charges $2.75. I got a box of Ritz for .75!

We had a Target coupon for $1.00 off of 2 Kool-Aid containers plus 2 $1.00 manufacturer's coupons AND it was on clearance for $2.25 so we got 2 tubs ($4.50) -$3.00 in coupons so we payed $1.50!

At Kroger, we used a $1.00 off barbecue sauce which only cost .99.
Oscar Mayer hot dogs were 2/$3 and we used 2 $1 coupons (because we were buying 2) so we got 2 packages for $1.

I have been a faithful used of Cheer laundry detergent for alomst 20 years but Tide was on sale at Kroger and we had a .35 coupons (which they tripled) so we got a bottle of Tide liquid for $5.99.

That's only the beginning. I can't wait to find out how much money I can save this week!

I'll post my Deals of the Day a little later today....I have a super long to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment